Wednesday 28 September 2016

H.264 interlaced content cannot be handled by AMD drivers correctly when turning on DXVA.

Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
 Decahertz
A reponse from DVBviewer forum:
====================================
I think AMD and Nvidia have different issues.
AMD => interlaced H.264 with new RX 4x0 cards and / or new drivers
Nvidia (and Others) => stream errors with "bad" error handling
====================================
seems to indicate the problem is interlaced content.
From my tests
Astra Demo 2160p works fine
BBC HD 1080i does not work.
I don't have 2160i content so cannot verify.
Let me find some 1080pcontent and test. OK an iphone 1080p recording plays fine.
So DVB tech person is correct in his analyses.
My iphone 5s records in 1080p
iphone recoding 2180p works fine too.

So H.264 interlaced content cannot be handled by AMD drivers correctly when turning on DXVA.



No comments:

Post a Comment