Sunday 18 December 2016

Not sure why AMD have dropped H.264 corruption from its known problems....are they not telling us something.

From your comments nikospot I seem to be in the same situation as you are. I too use DVB (DVBviewer in my case). As you said there are many codecs out there some work and some don't. Is this then a codec issue or a hardware issue...maybe it is a driver issue. All I know is that HEVC decoding using LAV filter works fine for me. If the HEVC decoding works (which is probably more complex than H.264) are we really sure this is an AMD problem. Question: before Crimson drivers did anyone have H.264 hw acceleration working using LAV filter using any other AMD GPU? Don't get me wrong I would love to see LAV working with H.264 as well and the fact that AMD do not pass any real clues is downright inconsiderate to all their customers. 
Following this blog I have an open mind as to what may be the issue. It would be ideal if we could get comments from the LAV filter creators (maybe they can shed some light as to what can be done to fix this). MADVR is another codec with its own set of problem. Microsoft codecs ?

Not sure why AMD have dropped H.264 corruption from its known problems....are they not telling us something.

No comments:

Post a Comment